Stumbled upon this browser as I was downloading extensions for a password manager and have been using this for the last 24 hours on 4 different devices.
Here’s the initial feedback: its FAST with a refreshing interface / experience. And its truly … AD FREE! Syncing across devices is easy and you can manage what syncs device-to-device.
It was touted as a browser that put a priority on blocking ads and trackers so I eagerly downloaded it to see if it truly did that. I am happy to share these three pleasant surprises so far:
- information and experience on start screen is useful & refreshing
- you get paid for viewing ads in crypto currency
- you can choose which search engines you want to use
If you’re keen to read detailed reviews about Brave, follow these links:
- CNet review: “This means you can use Brave without worrying about background functions quietly whispering your browsing history to Google.”
- Techradar review: “Turning on the Brave Rewards option will mean unintrusive ads will periodically appear. However, if you view enough of them you’ll be rewarded in cryptocurrency.”
- g2.com review: “Brave gave me a full ad-free experience every website I visited.”
Here are some screenshots of a site viewed in Brave, Firefox and Chrome.